General Administrative Service: The General Administrative Service is an independent agency of the United States government established in 1949 to manage and support the operations of federal educational institutions. GSA provides transportation and office space to federal employees, supplies shareholders and communications for the U.S. government, and develops cost-minimizing brokerage and other management functions the government receives.
Contract Spec/Administrator/Negotiator, Procurement Analyst Jobs in GSA
As a contract professional, the applicant will be responsible for the procurement of highly specialized equipment, components and systems for high-rise buildings and their operating systems, construction of special equipment or special purpose buildings, information technology equipment and systems, and professional or technical Staff services and/or supplies of various types.
USAJOBS Contract Specialist Opening
|Basic Requirements and Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience
|GS-12 & below
|Bachelor’s degree in any field, or 24 semester hours in specific fields.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three full years of progressively higher-level related graduate-level education leading to such a degree; OR an LL.M.
1 year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level.
|GS-13 & above
|Completion of Training/Certification: FAC-C (Professional), DoD Contracting Professional, FAC-C Level I, or DAWIA (Contracting) Level I or higher.
Waiver of requirements available at the discretion of GSA’s senior procurement executive.
At least 04 years of experience in contracting or related positions, including 1 year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the required level.
- Note: If the applicant has used foreign education to meet eligibility requirements he or she must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with their transcript to receive credit for that education.
- $69,107 – $183,500 per year
Pay Scale & Grade
- GS 11 – 15
|Starting Date for Apply
|01 March 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|29 February 2024
GSA Jobs Duties
- This notice announces the Direct Hire Authority for Contract Specialist posts due to an acute shortage of candidates. Vacancies are offered at the GS-11 to GS-15 levels. Jobs can be found located in many metropolitan areas and telework options vary. The current civil service employees to be selected will be newly appointed. Each region has the right to examine applications independently. Contact information is provided for specific areas. Contracted professionals will procure specialized equipment and services, conduct pre/post-award activities, analyze procurement data, and contribute to procurement policy development. GS-13 to GS-15 roles involve addressing procurement process issues with complex policy analysis.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- US citizens and (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) must meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date.
- If you are a male born after 12/31/1959, you have to register with the Selective Service.
Remote Contract Specialist jobs How will applicants be evaluated?
- Applicants may be evaluated based on their qualifications and compliance with application requirements. Eligible persons may get preference except for senior citizens. Additional assessment may be required for some applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications.
GSA, General Services Administration Vacancies Required Documents
To apply, the applicant will need the following documents:
- Resume with name, email, work schedule, hours per week, dates of employment and duties.
- Veterans claiming preference: DD-214 and SF-15 (if applicable).
- Active-Duty Military: Certification letter from your branch.
- ICTAP/CTAP is eligible: Proof of eligibility, SF-50, and recent performance evaluation.
- Current or former political appointments: SF-50.
- College transcripts (if using education for qualifications).
- Proof of contracting certification (FAC-C, DoD Contracting, FAC-C Level I, or DAWIA Level I or higher).
How to Apply
- You have to click on “Apply Online” on the vacancy announcement.
- Sign in or register with USAJOBS and select your resume and documents.
- Now you have to complete the application process on the GSA site.
- You need to ensure that your application is complete.
- To submit the required documents online one has to review the required documents section.
- For assistance, please contact the HR representative listed before the deadline.
- You have to apply early to complete the assessment before the posting closes.
Agency Contact Information:-
- Department of Navy EIC
- [email protected]
- GSA-Multiple Departments General Services Administration National Recruitment Center 2300 Main Street, 2nd FL 2NW Kansas City, Missouri 64108 United States
Important Links for GSA Contract Spec/Administrator/Negotiator, Procurement Analyst Jobs
Conclusion: The General Services Administration (GSA) employs contract specialists at various levels, providing competitive pay and the opportunity to work on procurement and contracts for federal agencies. Applicants must meet specific qualifications and submit required documentation through USAJOBS. This direct hiring authority will provide positions at the GS-11 to GS-15 levels due to a shortage of candidates and with the possibility of telework. Interested applicants should apply early till the application’s last date.