US GSA Jobs: As a General Engineer/Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for the performance of all aspects of the project management of Prospectus Level and non-prospectus level projects. Oversees and/or is involved in the business management of building and/or leasing projects from the preliminary identification stage through initiation, planning, execution, and project closeout stages.
Additional hurdle assessments, such as narrative responses or other assessments, may be administered to applicants who meet the requirements of the first hurdle, e.g., the minimum qualification requirements. If additional assessments are used, you will be provided with further instructions.
U.S. GSA Interdisciplinary General Engineer / Civil Engineer Jobs
This posting will only be open through “October” at this point in time. The Direct Hire Authority for these particular series will expire on 10 October 2023. Applications are active for 120 days. If you are still interested in being considered after your 120 days are up, you must extend your application PRIOR to that date. To extend, please return to the Applicant Dashboard on your USAJOBS account, select the vacancy, and update your application.
US Interdisciplinary General Engineer / Civil Engineer Jobs
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part-time).
- If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
- A Degree in professional engineering OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience. For specifics on qualifying education and/or experience.
- Applicant must have three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree, or a PhD, or equivalent doctoral degree that is directly related to the position.
- Applicants must have a combination of graduate-level education and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Applications will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Guidelines. Veterans’ Preference does NOT apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Certain selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees might be given new appointments to the civil service. You may not be considered for the position if any part of the application is incomplete or missing the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or dismissing you if hired.
- If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP. Well qualified is defined as possession of the majority of competencies required for the position and will be determined, based upon a review of your resume against the competencies required for the position being filled.
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-11 through GS-13 levels.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential).
- Supervisory and non-supervisory opportunities will vary.
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions and grade levels vary by location. Promotion potential varies by position.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Pay Scale & Salary
- GS 11 – 13 ($69,107 – $158,432 per year)
|Starting Date for Apply
|17 April 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|10 October 2023
- Your resume shows the applicant’s name, email address, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment, and duties performed.
- Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows your type of discharge and the dates of your active duty service.
- If you are claiming a 10-point preference or derived preference (a spouse, widow or widower, or parent of a deceased or disabled veteran), submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214: (1) a completed SF-15 form; and (2) a proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date.
- For education completed outside the United States, also submit a valid foreign credential evaluation that substantiates possession of the required education.
How to Apply
- Sign in or register on USAJobs and select a resume and documents to include in your application.
- Once you have clicked Apply for this position now, you will be taken to the GSA site to complete the application process.
- Click the Apply To This Vacancy and complete all steps in the application process until the Confirmation indicates your application is complete. If you click Return to USAJobs or get timed out prior to receiving confirmation, your application will not be submitted and cannot be considered for this vacancy.
- Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section of this announcement to determine which apply to you and must be submitted online. You may choose one or more of the following options to submit your document
Agency Contact Information
- [email protected]
- GSA-Multiple Departments General Services Administration National Recruitment Center 2300 Main St, 2nd FL 2NW Kansas City, Missouri 64108
General Services Administration Important Links
Conclusion: If you’re interested in a General Engineer/Civil Engineer position with the U.S. General Services Administration, make sure to apply before the closing date of October 10, 2023. Ensure your application includes a detailed resume, required military documents if applicable, and proof of education if earned outside the United States. Follow the application process on USAJobs, and review the qualifications and duties carefully.