Office of the Secretary of the Interior: The Secretary of the Interior offers a unique and rewarding career experience. In addition, they provide independent real property appraisal and mineral assessment services, supporting critical natural resource missions on public lands.
Plays a role in matters such as land acquisition for wildlife sanctuaries, historic site preservation and Indian trust land management. DOI values diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, It welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to its mission.
U.S. DOI Jobs Opportunities Apply Online Review Appraiser (Open Continuous) Post
The review appraiser holds the position of review appraiser with the Department of the Interior’s Evaluation and Appraisal Services Office by conducting appraisal and evaluation reviews within delegated approval authority. It announces an open continuous with special rate pay available for the 1171 business series, and it offers a referral bonus B.
U.S. Department of the Interior Jobs
|One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-12 level. Experience includes real property appraisal, consultation, market value estimation, and knowledge of relevant land laws and appraisal techniques.
|Driver’s License & Appraiser’s License
|Must possess a valid State Driver’s License and a Certified General Real Property Appraiser’s license issued by a state.
|Selective Placement Factors (SPFs)
|Two SPFs are required:
1) Possess a current General Real Property Appraiser Certification in compliance with Title XI of FIRREA
2) Hold a professional appraisal designation or accreditation with classroom training and experience requirements.
|Current or former Federal employees must meet the time-in-grade requirement of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade. Exceptions apply as per 5 CFR 300.603(b).
|Experience and education obtained by the closing date will be considered.
|Paid, unpaid, and volunteer experience, including National Service programs, will be credited.
- Education does not substitute for experience.
- $105,581 – $137,253 per year
- Salary will be set based on location determined after selection.
Pay Scale & Grade
- GS 13
|Starting Date for Apply
|07 December 2022
|Closing Date for Apply
|29 September 2023
The duties of the DOI Review Appraiser (Open Continuous) are to complete the property appraisal and define appraisal problems.
- Applying rules, regulations and policies to analyze property characteristics.
- Review Appraiser determines market value by interpreting market data.
- Prepare narrative assessment reports in accordance with USPAP/UASFAL.
- Conducted assessment reviews for compliance with laws and procedures.
- Contract appraisers are required to prepare appraisal contracts along with management.
- Appraisal problems have to be addressed with unconventional property appraisals.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- US citizenship must be required.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment as determined by a background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Selective Service registration is required for male applicants unless exempted.
Review Appraiser Jobs in U.S. How will applicants be evaluated?
- Review Assessors (Open Continuous) evaluate applicants for the post based on the qualifications and competencies listed in the vacancy announcement. A summary of how the assessment is done is as follows:
- Application Materials: Applicants use a resume and supporting documents to determine whether they meet the qualifications for the job. Make sure that the self-assessment is accurate and that you have provided completely honest information.
- Online Assessment: Cheating in online assessment may result in disqualification.
- Competencies: Applicants are evaluated based on the following competencies – Appraisal, Contract Oversight (COR), and Reviewing Appraisal.
- Due consideration: If you include your most recent performance appraisal/appraisal and a list of awards received in the last 5 years, this information will be considered during the selection process. This document is to be provided if applicable.
- Responsibility for Documentation: It is your responsibility to receive and upload your performance appraisal/evaluation and/or awards list prior to the vacancy announcement deadline.
Office of the Secretary of the Interior Review Appraiser Jobs Required Documents
- Which includes resume, work schedule, hours per week, dates of employment and duties SF-50 or DD-214 for current/former career or career-conditionally eligible applicants.
- Current general appraiser certification and professional designation/accreditation (as specified in qualifications).
- There should be a performance appraisal and a list of awards received in the last five years (considering due importance).
- College transcripts are used as qualifications for education.
- Must have SF-15 form and VA letter or certification of veterans leave required (if applicable).
- Non-compete appointment authorization document (if applicable).
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation for CTAP or ICTAP eligibility.
- Latest performance appraisal (if applicable).
- Optional cover letter.
- Make sure that the documents do not contain photographs or sensitive information and submit all the required documents before the last date of declaration.
- In the selection process, no written test is required.
- Selection will require completion of a probation period of 1 year.
How to Apply
- To apply for a Review Appraiser (Open Continuous) post in the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary of the Interior, applicants have to follow these steps:-
- Candidates should prepare an application package including a resume, SF-50 or DD-214 (if applicable), general appraiser certification, professional designation/accreditation, performance evaluation, list of awards, college transcripts (if applicable), and SF-15 form. And the VA has to be included. letter (if applicable), a non-compete appointment authorization document (if applicable), and a cover letter (optional).
- It must be ensured that the documents do not contain photographs or sensitive information.
- Applicants have to complete the online application process as mentioned in the vacancy announcement.
- Applicants have to be honest and accurate in their self-assessment of their qualifications as responses will have to be adjusted during the assessment process.
- Cheating in online assessment may lead to disqualification.
- Once the application is completed, your materials will be used to determine whether you meet the qualifications listed in the announcement.
- While applying pay due attention to performance appraisal and awards so include them if applicable.
- The applicant has to obtain and upload the performance appraisal/appraisal and/or list of awards before the last date of the vacancy announcement.
- If the qualifications are complete then you are among the top candidates, then you have to send them to the selection officer for further consideration.
Agency Contact Information:-
- [email protected]
- Appraisal and Valuation Services Office
- 1849 C. Street NW
- Washington, DC 20240
Important Links for the U.S. Department of the Interior Review Appraiser Jobs
Conclusion: The review appraiser is the person responsible for the administrative approval of the appraised value of real property. The Department of the Interior’s review appraiser evaluates properties with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion in the role. It requires specialized experience, and certification, and pays competitive salaries. Applicants are evaluated based on merit, require a complete application package and contribute to the management and conservation of public lands and resources.