Legislative Branch: The Congressional Budget Office is a nonpartisan agency. This non-partisan agency provides economic and budgetary analysis to Congress. (CBO) During the summer of 2024 the Office of General Counsel seeks a dedicated legal intern with a strong work ethic to assist the office in its duties and functions.
US Legislative Legal Intern Jobs in Washington, DC Apply
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO), a non-partisan agency, seeks a legal intern with a strong work ethic to support its General Counsel Office during the summer of 2024.
Legislative Intern jobs in US
- The following are the requirements for a Legal Trainee post in CBO:
- Applicants must complete their first two years of law school by May 31, 2024. CBO will not accept recent graduates.
- Skills: The applicant must have the skills to handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and the ability to conduct legal and factual research using electronic resources.Qualities: Applicant must have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.Desired: Prior experience (though not required) in legislative matters, paralegal work, or legal office experience.
- The Legal Intern position at the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) requires completion of the first two years of law school by May 31, 2024. No opportunity will be given to graduates for this.
- $28 – $35 per year
- Salary will be set based on location determined after selection.
Pay Scale & Grade
- AD 04 – 05
|Starting Date for Apply
|31 August 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|31 October 2023
- Legislative Research: The applicant is to conduct research related to legislative matters.
- Drafting of contracts: The applicant must draft the contract documents.
- Government Contract Review: The applicant’s duties are to assist in the review of government contracts under supervision.
- Government Ethics: The applicant’s duty is to provide consultation on government ethics issues.
- Legal Research: The applicant conducts legal research to support the CBO’s analytical work.
- Legal Memorandum: It is also the duty of the applicant to prepare a legal memorandum and brief.
- Statutory Interpretation: The duty of the applicant is to assist in statutory interpretation.
- Legal Citations: CBO will verify legal citations in draft reports. The intern will work closely with the General Counsel to support the Office’s functions and responsibilities during the summer of 2023.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US citizen or a current permanent resident seeking citizenship.
How will applicants be evaluated?
- You will be evaluated for this job on the basis of qualifications.
- The application includes your personal information, answers to online questions, and required supporting documents.
- Please ensure that your resume includes detailed qualification information as per the position;
Failure to provide sufficient evidence in the resume may result in an ineligible determination.
- Those who do not qualify will not be considered further.
- Others will be sent to the appointments department for further consideration.
- Cover Letter.
- Unofficial Transcripts (including current coursework).
- Contact Information for Two References
- In the selection process, no drug test is required.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts with current curriculum vitae, and contact information for two references to www.cbo.gov/careers by October 31, 2023. Complete applications are encouraged. The Legal Intern position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act of 1998, as applied to CBOs by the Congressional Accountability Act, as amended.
Agency Contact Information:-
- Annita Gulati
- [email protected]
- Congressional Budget Office
Ford Office Building
Washington, Dist of Columbia 20515
Important Links for the U.S. Legislative Branch Jobs for Legal Intern
Conclusion: The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is seeking a dedicated legal intern to join its General Counsel Office for the summer of 2024. CBO’s role is to provide essential economic and budgetary analysis to Congress. Applicants for this internship opportunity must have completed their first two years of law school by May 31, 2024. Its role includes legislative research, contract drafting, government contract review, legal research, and more. The last date for application is 31 October 2023.
In short, this legal intern position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the legislative process and gain valuable experience in a non-partisan environment.