Department of Justice (DOJ): The Department of Justice offers many opportunities for experienced lawyers in offices, boards, and divisions to contribute to addressing important and complex issues affecting the nation. DOJ places great importance on the recruitment and appointment of exceptional legal professionals with diverse backgrounds and skills, drawing on diverse perspectives to effectively serve the »American people.
U.S. Department of Justice Jobs Apply Online Attorney, Assistant United States Attorney Post
The United States Department of Justice, also known as the Department of Justice, is a federal executive department of the United States government charged with enforcing federal laws and administering justice in the United States. The department is led by the U.S. Attorney General, who reports directly to the President of the United States and is also a member of the President’s Cabinet.
US DOJ Attorney Jobs in United States
- Here’s the educational information for an Attorney and an Assistant United States Attorney presented in a table format:
|DOJ Attorney Jobs in the United States Education Requirements
|An active member of the bar in any U.S. jurisdiction.
|At least one year of post-J.D. legal or relevant experience.
|Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA)
|Active membership in the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction.
|Relevant legal experience, often including litigation experience.
|Additional educational requirements may vary based on the vacancy announcement.
Doj Attorney Jobs:-
- Must be an active member of the bar in any US jurisdiction.
- J.D. Must have at least one year of legal or relevant experience.
DOJ Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) Jobs:-
- Must have active membership in the bar of any US jurisdiction.
- The candidate should have relevant legal experience, which often includes litigation experience.
- $105,581 – $137,253 per year
- Salary will be set based on location determined after selection.
Pay Scale & Grade
- GS 13
US Department of Justice Attorney and Assistant United States Attorney Overview
|Yes – as determined by the agency policy
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed
|Multiple Appointment Types
|Job Family (Series)
|Starting Date for Apply
|28 November 2022
|Closing Date for Apply
|27 November 2023
- Advocate: Lawyers in the Justice Department are responsible for providing legal advice, representing the government in various legal matters, and advocating justice. A lawyer’s duties are to conduct legal research, prepare and present legal arguments in court, draft legal documents, advise government agencies, and ensure compliance with the law.
- Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA): Assistant United States Attorneys prosecute federal criminal cases on behalf of the United States government. Its duties are to investigate cases, work with law enforcement agencies, present evidence in court, prepare legal briefs, negotiate plea agreements, and represent the government’s interests in litigation. These AUSAs work to provide legal advice to federal agencies and to create and enforce federal laws.
- In the selection process drug test is required.
How to Apply
Agency Contact Information:-
- [email protected]
- Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management
450 Fifth Street, NW, Rm 10200a
Washington, Dist of Columbia 20530-0001
Important Links for the DOJ Attorney, Assistant United States Attorney Vacancies
Conclusion: This is because the department provides lawyers with opportunities to address important issues, values diversity and requires specific qualifications. To apply, contact: Attorney Recruitment and Management Office.