US Education Advisor: The Senior Advisor position is in the Department of Education (ED), Federal Student Aid (FSA), Office of Enforcement, Borrower Defense and the incumbent serves as a senior advisor to leadership regarding the operation of the designated program group. This position plays a vital role in optimizing department resources, implementing new strategies, and overseeing program effectiveness. This is a senior-level position within FSA, contributing to the agency’s mission of providing access to educational opportunities.
Education Advisor Jobs in USA Apply Now
Federal student aid is funding America’s future, one student at a time. Which aims to be the most trusted and reliable source of student financial aid, information and services in the country. Applicants can join FSA’s team of experts helping millions of students achieve their goals. Every part of the federal student aid team – including operations, student aid delivery and servicing, vendor and contract management, budgeting and cost control – plays an essential role in achieving our mission.
US Education Advisor Careers Jobs Opening
- The following are the qualifications required for the post of Senior Advisor:-
- Specialized Experience: for the Senior Advisor post Applicants must have at least one year of experience at the GS-14 level in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. This experience should include:
- Proficient in using qualitative and quantitative techniques to measure program effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Have project management skills from overseeing multiple projects to completion.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities to provide advice, present recommendations, negotiate agreements and secure collaborations, etc.
- Note: Volunteer work and experience gained from other organizations are also considered if they reflect the required competencies and skills.
- Additionally, applicants meet grade-in-grade requirements, meaning they must have one full year of experience at the next lower grade level.
- All qualifications must be fulfilled by the last date of announcement.
- There is no education substitution for this position
Remote Online Education Advisor Jobs Overview
- $136,908 – $183,500 per year
- This is the Rest of the US salary range. If the applicant is selected, locality pay will be set according to the selectee’s geographic area.
- Pay scale & grade
- GS 15
- 1 vacancy in the following location:
- Location Negotiable After Selection,
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Yes—Telework is eligible based on agency policy.
- Travel Required
- Not required
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
- 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug Test
- Position sensitivity and risk
- Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement number
- Control Number
|Starting Date for Apply
|13 September 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|26 September 2023
The applicant’s duties as a Senior Advisor include advising leadership on improving program group operations, representation, developing metrics for performance measurement, initiating major program changes, and attending high-level meetings related to oversight and reporting in the Federal Student Aid Program Office. Involves representing.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Candidates must be US citizens.
- Selective Service Registration is required if the candidate is a male born after 31 December 1959.
- Requires successful completion of a one-year probation period.
- Must be determined suitable for Federal employment.
How will applicants be evaluated?
You will be evaluated for the US Education Senior Advisor positions based on a multi-step process:
- Eligibility and Minimum Qualifications: Applications are reviewed to determine whether applicants meet the eligibility and qualification requirements. Failure to do so will result in being considered ineligible.
- Rating and Ranking: Experience is evaluated based on eligibility and meeting minimum qualifications. The applicant’s answers on the occupational questionnaire are compared to the resume. Based on this evaluation a numerical score will be allotted.
- Referral and Selection: Highly qualified applicants are referred to a selection officer. Further evaluations, such as interviews or reference checks, may be conducted to determine final suitability for the position.
- Resume: The resume should include job title (with series and grade if federal), duties, education, start and end dates, and hours worked per week. The idea is to use the USAJobs Resume Builder if possible.
- SF-50, “Notification of Personnel Action”: For current or former federal employees, provide the most recent SF-50 confirming your career/career-conditional status, title, series and grade, as well as showing the highest grade level. That one also has to be provided. Will be held on a permanent basis or at the overall performance level of your current position.
- Veteran Documentation: If claiming Veterans Preference pursuant to VEOA or VRA, include a copy of your member 4DD-214 or other valid proof of eligibility.
- Active-Duty Service Members: If on active-duty service, must submit an official statement of discharge indicating discharge within 120 days of the expiration date of the declaration.
- CTAP and ICTAP Documentation: If applicable, include documentation supporting eligibility for these programs.
- Non-Competitive Appointment Documentation: Proof of eligibility is to be submitted when applying for a non-competitive appointment.
How to Apply for EducationUSA Advisers
- Step 1: Applicants first need to create a USAJOBS account (if you don’t already have one) at www.usajobs.gov.
- Step 2: Applicant has to upload his/her resume on the USAJOBS account. The applicant should ensure in advance that the resume reflects his/her education, experience, training, and achievements.
- Step 3: Upload any required documents to the applicant’s USAJOBS account (must be less than 3 MB and be in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
- Step 4: Now the applicant has to click on “Apply Online” and follow the prompts to complete the business questionnaire and attach the required documents. The documents have been transferred to the agency’s appointment system. The applicant has to click on “Finish” to submit the application.
Agency Contact Information:-
- Federal Student Aid
- [email protected]
EDUCATION-OFC OF FEDERAL STUDENT AID
830 1st NE
Washington, District of Columbia 20202
Important Links for US Education Advisor Apply Online
Conclusion: In short, the Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid Senior Advisor plays a role in helping students obtain financial aid services. Federal student aid will help millions of students reach their educational goals.