Executive Office of the President: Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. Open & closing dates 07/17/2023 to 01/31/2024. The EOP is comprised of The White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representative, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, Office of the National Cyber Director, Office of the Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, Office of Administration, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, and Council of Economic Advisers.
The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President’s message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. Current Permanent Federal Employees in the Competitive Service, CTAP/ICTAP/RPL, VEOA Eligible and Reinstatement Eligible; OPM Interchange Agreement; or Miscellaneous Authorities not Regulated by US Office of Personal Management.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Application packages will NOT be accepted via mail or e-mail. All resumes/applications received at the addresses listed in the Contact Information or Agency Information will not be considered for this vacancy announcement.
USA Jobs IT Specialist/Watch Officer
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates. Familiarity with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies for IT Service Management and Strategy to improve and resolve issues with email, network, and firewalls. Developing, monitoring, and operating a wide variety of information systems while providing direct customer service for problem resolution or known issue resolutions.
Working in a team setting to provide continuous support for IT services including documentation, compilation of data, and creation of reports to support briefings and recommendations to upper management. Leading incident/outage/problem management conference calls (Critical Information Requirements (CIR)); and Developing and delivering oral and written communications regarding IT policies and programs.
IT Specialist (SYSADMIN)/Watch Officer
- All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Qualification Standards.
- Attention to Detail – Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT-related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplishing tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given IT situation.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive IT services or IT products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess IT needs, provide expert technical information or assistance, resolve fairly complex or non-routine problems, or satisfy expectations; knowledge of available products and services; committed to providing quality IT products and services.
- Communication – Expresses technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, recognizes potential miscommunication, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately.
- Problem-Solving – Identifies IT-related problems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information to determine accuracy and relevance to moderately complex problems; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; makes decisions or recommendations that influence IT policies or programs and applies new developments to previously unresolved problems.
- TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level or pay band in Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
- Starting Date for Apply: 17 July 2023.
- Last Date for Apply: 31 January 2024.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
- When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies.
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning, Information Systems Security Certification, Oral Communication, Problem Solving, and Teamwork.
- You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
- Monitors program operations to determine the effectiveness of established procedures and known issues.
- Assists with the daily operations of information systems life cycle enhancements to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Performs network diagnostics to troubleshoot network problems.
- Monitors the operation of a network to ensure hardware and software are functioning.
- Documents issues, maintains logs, and compiles data for reports and justification of recommendations.
- Monitors and troubleshoots the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates, and enhancements to ensure the information technology (IT) working environment functions optimally.
- Identifies and assesses the extent and operational impact of network and IT service disruptions and initiates immediate service restoration actions.
- Utilizes ITIL best practices for the support and management of IT Service Management.
- Identifies problems and uses sound, independent judgment to generate, evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action for immediate mitigation of operational impact.
- Works with customers, colleagues, and management to determine approaches from methodology to techniques used in varied projects and assignments.
- For qualification determinations, your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series, and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09.
- Your resume must include detailed information as it relates to the responsibilities and specialized experience for this position. Evidence of copying and pasting directly from the vacancy announcement without clearly documenting supplemental information to describe your experience will result in an ineligible rating. This will prevent you from receiving further consideration. Note: If you upload more than one resume, the last resume received will be the one utilized for consideration.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying for an education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Promotion Consideration: If you wish to be considered as a promotion candidate and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one-year time-in-grade requirements. You will need to provide additional SF-50s that clearly demonstrate you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-Grade, Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date of more than one year old).
- Worker’s Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities Appointment Eligibles: Schedule A letter from a physician, local, state, or federal rehabilitation office citing your eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
- Certain Military Spouses Eligible under E.O. 13832: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, that list you as authorized to accompany the Military member to the new duty permanent station; OR verification of the member’s 100% disability (VA Letter); and/or verification of the member’s death while on active duty (DD-1300 and Death Certificate) AND verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage).
How to Apply
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), All of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/. To ensure full consideration of your experience and education we encourage you to use the USAJOBS resume builder to prepare your resume or to guide you in preparing your resume. See http://www.usajobs.gov/Content/pdfs/Tutorials-Resume.pdf for more information.
Executive Office of the President Important Links
Conclusion: If you are interested in pursuing a career with the Executive Office of the President as an Acquisitions Specialist and meet the specified qualifications, don’t miss the opportunity to apply before the closing date on 31 January 2024. Ensure your resume is detailed, including relevant experience and documentation. Follow the application instructions on the USAJOBS website carefully. This role offers a chance to contribute to critical IT infrastructure and information systems operations within a prestigious government agency.