National Endowment for the Humanities: The NEH is an independent grant-making agency of the government responsible for managing grants related to humanities research, education, preservation, and public programs. It has a key role in furthering NEH’s mission to support and promote the humanities through grants administration and coordination.
Humanities Administrator Job Openings in US NEH Career Opportunities
National Foundation on the Arts and Humanities This United States federal agency was established in 1965. Its purpose is to develop and promote national policy for the humanities and arts in the United States, as well as to preserve the heritage of cultural institutions.
US National Endowment For the Humanities Jobs
|Humanities Administrator (GS-12)
|1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level or equivalent experience.
|Specialized experience directly related to the position’s work.
|Experience in public education, programming, curatorial work, or digital humanities projects.
|Humanities Administrator (GS-13)
|1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level or equivalent experience.
|Specialized experience directly related to the position’s work.
|Public education, programming, curatorial work, or digital humanities projects Experience.
|Grants management-related work with a grantmaking organization Experience.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in a discipline of humanities, humanistic social sciences, library or information science.
- $94,199 – $145,617 per year.
Pay Scale & Grade
- GS 12 – 13
NEH Humanities Administrator jobs in US Important Dates
|Starting Date for Apply
|19 September 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|26 September 2023
- Grant Administration: Humanities Administrator duties at the National Endowment for the Humanities Oversee grants related to the digital humanities and other disciplines, ensuring alignment with NEH goals.
- Supporting Cyber Infrastructure: Assists in technology and network development and support for advanced research.
- Grant Proposal Review: The Humanities Administrator’s duty at the National Endowment for the Humanities is to evaluate grant proposals for eligibility and alignment with NEH objectives.
- Peer Review Coordination: Conducting peer review evaluation of grant proposals.
- Communication: Presenting policies, procedures, and funding recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Program Development: Creating new grant programs with NEH and external partners.
- Outreach: The work of the Office and the broader mission of NEH aims to reach external audiences.
- Collaboration: Working collaboratively with other office staff to promote the larger goals of NEH’s mission.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Relevant Experience and/or Education Qualified Background Check Males born after 12/31/1959 are required to register with the Selective Service.
How will applicants be evaluated?
In addition to answers on a professional questionnaire, applications undergo a thorough review that also includes a resume and supporting documents. This assessment determines whether you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Evaluated based on job-related criteria and placed in one of the following categories.
- Best Category: Meets basic competency requirements with excellent proficiency in applying knowledge, skills and abilities in key competencies.
- Better Category: Demonstrates proficiency in key competencies by completing basic competency requirements.
- Qualified Category: Meets the specialized experience given in the minimum qualification requirements.
- Accurate and truthful information must be provided as any exaggeration, misrepresentation, or attempt to conceal information may result in disqualification, non-hire, or termination of the applicant after the commencement of employment. If discrepancies are found between the questionnaire answers and the resume, your score may be manually adjusted.
- Incomplete applications will be rated IFM (Ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration from applicants submitting incomplete packages will not be considered.
- You are to send only the documents requested in this announcement that directly support your qualifications for the position.
- All applicants are to provide the following supporting document types:
- A brief writing sample and cover letter are highly preferred but not required. In your cover letter, please explain why the mission of NEH, specifically, is important to you and why you think your skills can help the agency advance the humanities.
- In the cover letter, you can relate the mission of NEH to how you can contribute to advancing the humanities skills.
- Job title
- Name of employer
- Start and end dates (month and year)
- Weekly working hours (assumed full-time)
- The level and range of experience reflect your qualifications
Relevant experience and achievements addressing all required qualifications are as follows:-
- Series and grade (if federal status).
- If education is a requirement for the position, include relevant transcripts and details of your educational history, including degrees and majors. If credit hours are required, it’s a good idea to list relevant courses on your resume.
Humanities Administrator Job Opening in Washington, DC How to Apply
- To apply for this position the applicant is required to complete the Professional Questionnaire and submit the documents specified in the Required Documents section.
- When applying, keep in mind that packages must be submitted by 09/26/2023 at 11:59 PM (EST).
- The first step is to click on Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account to begin the application process and follow the instructions to select a USAJOBS resume and/or upload other supporting documents.
- To submit the application package, click on the Submit My Answer button.
- Make sure that your responses and appropriate documents are submitted before the deadline.
- To verify that your application is complete, log in to your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login.
- Select the application Status link and then select the more details link for this post. The Details page displays the status of your application, documents received and processed, and any correspondence related to this application from the Agency. The uploaded documents will take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an application if it is incomplete, log in to your USAJOBS account and click on Update Application in the vacancy announcement. Applicants must re-select their resume and/or other documents from their USAJOBS account or your application will remain incomplete.
Agency Contact Information:-
- NEH Human Resources
- [email protected]
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- 400 7th Street SW
- Washington, DC 20506
Important Links for the NEH Humanities Administrator Jobs in U.S.
Conclusion: The position of Humanities Administrator at the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) serves to advance NEH’s mission to support and promote humanities research, education, preservation, and public programs through grant administration and coordination. Applicants must meet specific qualifications and submit the required documents before the application deadline. The NEH is dedicated to promoting the humanities, and the successful candidate will contribute to this noble mission.