US Department of Agriculture: Here we talk about the agricultural research of the United States of America at the California Agricultural Research Institute, Parlier, whose main objective is to promote the growth and prosperity of American agriculture by developing highly innovative, high quality and disease-resistant varieties. Here crop disease, pest and genetics research, etc. are highlighted. We have given here information for the applicants seeking jobs for the post of Research Plant Pathologist / Plant Physiologist / Horticulturist / Geneticist (Plant) in Agriculture Department.
US Agricultural Research Service Jobs for Apply Physiologist/Horticulturist/Geneticist Post
Agricultural Research Service under the Department of Agriculture has updated its website for the latest job notification for the recruitment of Research Plant Pathologist / Plant Physiologist / Horticulturist / Geneticist (Plant) vacancies. Its purpose is to sustain American agriculture and ensure a continuous supply of nutritious fruits to both domestic consumers and international markets.
Research Plant Pathologist Jobs in USA 2023
Educational Qualification for Research Plant Pathologist/Plant Physiologist/ Horticulturist/ Geneticist (Plant) posts mentioned in the Agriculture Department Agricultural Research Service
- A Ph.D. To equip the candidate with the knowledge and skills required for the role in plant pathology, plant physiology, horticulture, plant genetics, or a closely related field. Alternatively, a degree in plant science or entomology will also be considered.
- Plant Pathology: Plant Pathology Series 0434
- Plant Physiology: Plant Physiology Series 0435
- Gardening: Gardening Series 0437
- Genetics (Plant): Genetics Series 0440
- Desirable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of plant genetics and pathology.
- Demonstrated expertise in fieldwork and plant breeding.
- Comprehensive understanding of citrus production principles and practices.
- Proficiency in plant propagation techniques with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Familiar with laboratory techniques and standard equipment used in fruit quality assessment, pathogen detection, DNA extraction and quantification.
- Experience in plant molecular biology techniques including qPCR, RT-qPCR, DNA isolation, manipulation and sequencing.
- Willingness and ability to test and implement new technologies in citrus research.
- Skills in command-line programming, R, and bioinformatics are beneficial.
- Ability to direct and collaborate with other team members.
- Ability to identify and manage greenhouse/field pests using appropriate crop care products.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Skilled in developing and executing experimental studies as well as interpreting data from various analyses.
- This position requires positive education. When applying you must submit a copy of your academic transcripts or a list of college courses with credit hours, completion dates, and grades received to verify education. Without this information, a proper evaluation of your education is not possible. If you are selected for this position, you must provide an official copy of your transcript prior to entering duty and application materials will not be returned.
- Incentives: When recruitment incentives will be offered, the final decision of which will be taken by the appointing authority.
- Telework: Applicants are eligible for telework up to four days per week, depending on the duties of the position, and are subject to flexible work arrangements, agency policy and collective bargaining agreements.
This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
- The public
- U.S. Citizens, Nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
- US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
US Plant Physiologist Jobs Important Dates
|Starting Date for Apply
|25 May 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|24 November 2023
- The incumbent must be a research plant pathologist conducting basic and applied research on citrus breeding and evaluation.
- Performs technical duties including assisting with professional research as well as coordinating the establishment of a new citrus orchard.
- Evaluation of the effects of biotic and abiotic stresses in both native and non-domesticated germplasm, and assessment of water quality and quantity on citrus health and productivity.
- To coordinate with Breeding Insight to initiate the development of infrastructure for genotypic selection in citrus populations.
|Important Details (Overview)
|Research Plant Pathologist/Plant Physiologist/Horticulturist/Geneticist (Plants) Salary $69,107 – $89,835 per year.
|Pay Scale & Grade
|Yes—as determined by the agency policy.
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed
|Term – 02 years with the option to extend up to 4 years based on funding availability
|Job Family (Series)
|0434 Plant Pathology, 0435 Plant Physiology, 0437 Horticulture, 0440 Genetics
- Supervisory status: No
- Security Clearance: Not Required
- Drug Test: No
- Status Sensitivity and Risk: Non-Sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
- Trust Determination Process: Suitability/Fitness
- Announcement Number: ARS-RA-PWA-11610548-mds
- Control Number: 671312500
- Selective Service Registration: If you were born after 12/31/1959 and are male, you must register with the Selective Service or qualify for an exemption.
- Background Check: Your employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit: Pursuant to Public Law 104-134, all federal employees are required to be paid via direct deposit at their financial institution.
- E-Verify: Successful completion of the E-Verify employment verification check is required. Learn more on E-Verify.
- Appropriations and Immigration Law: Applicants must comply with the requirements of the Appropriations Law and Immigration Law to qualify for the position.
- As a federal employee, the applicant and your family will receive a variety of benefits designed to make a federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits.
How will applicants be evaluated?
- To ensure that the applicant package is complete, please submit the following required documents. Incomplete or inconsistent submission may result in loss of returns:
- Resume: Applicant’s resume includes personal information (name, address, contact details), education history, and detailed work experience related to the position (including work schedule, hours per week, dates of employment, title, series and grade if applicable) should be done. Any other qualification.
- College Transcripts: Applicants must provide a copy of college transcripts to qualify for education. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted with the application, but official transcripts will be required if selected. Overseas education must be appropriately recognized by a recognized body. Transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
- Veteran’s Preference (if applicable): When claiming Veteran’s Preference, include a DD214 (Certificate of Release from Active Duty) showing dates of service and honorable discharge. If on active duty, a certificate of requisite leave under honorable conditions is to be submitted within 120 days. Verification of the veteran’s preference is necessary for consideration.
- 10-point Veterans Preference (if applicable): For 10-point preference, DD214 or certification requirements as described above, with proof of eligibility listed on the SF-15 application for 10-point Veterans Preference (SF-15 inclusion) give. is optional)
- Redundant or Displaced Employee Documentation (if applicable): Eligible employees must submit proof of eligibility (for example, RIF Separation Notice, Notice of Proposed Termination for Decline Transfer, or Notice of Disability Annuity Termination), relevant SF – 50 document, and most recent SF-50 indicating position, grade, and duty location.
- Additional Documents for Postdoctoral Research Associate Position: If applying for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position, you must also submit the following:
- Your Ph.D. One page summary of Essay.
- A curriculum vitae detailing honors, awards, memberships, presentations, publications, and professional involvement.
- A list of references familiar with your contributions and recognition.
How to Apply
If you want to get a Research Plant Pathologist / Horticulturist / Geneticist (Plant) job in Parlier, CA, the application process is an important first step. Applicant applications sent by mail, fax or e-mail should list the facsimile number below:
Mail: Christopher Wallis
9611 S. Riverbend Ave
Parlier, CA 93648
E-mail: [email protected]
Do not send zipped files if the applicant is sending the application as an attachment to an email. Because they will be deleted as per standard electronic security procedures.
Agency Contact Information:-
Agricultural Research Service
800 Buchanan Street
Albany, CA 94710
- Next Steps: Applications will be received and reviewed for consideration until an applicant is selected.
Research Plant Physiologist/Horticulturist/Geneticist Jobs Important Links
Conclusion: These job vacancies at the California Agricultural Research Institute in Parlier, CA provide an important opportunity to contribute to American agriculture by developing disease-resistant crops. While qualifications are specific, applications require careful attention to detail. If selected, candidates will engage in impactful research and collaboration, advancing the agriculture industry while maintaining supplies of nutritious fruits.