U.S. HUD Lineman Jobs: The Lineman position is located with the Bonneville Power Administration in the Transmission Field Services organization within BPA’s Transmission Services business line. Linemen will work under the supervision of a Lineman Foreman, who looks after the duties and tasks related to line maintenance and field services. The degree of supervision depends on the tasks performed and working conditions.
U.S. HUD Careers for Lineman Jobs 2024 Apply Now
Bonneville Power Administration: The Bonneville Power Administration is a non-profit federal electricity marketing administration located in the Pacific Northwest. It operated in the Pacific Northwest and covered its costs from marketing products and services. Sells wholesale electrical energy from federal hydroelectric projects and some non-federal power plants.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Jobs
- The following are the lineman qualifications for the Department of Energy Bonneville Electric Administration:
- Applicants must meet OPM Job Qualification System (X-118C) requirements which emphasize qualifications over length of experience.
- Screened-out element: Ability to independently perform construction and maintenance work on power lines.
- Working Conditions: Outdoor work in varying weather, altitude, and near-energized equipment.
- This may include awkward conditions, rough terrain, and high altitudes.
- Use of equipment, exposure to noise, and hazardous substances.
- Emergencies require night work and overtime.
- Physical Requirements (Essential Functions):
- Construction and maintenance, repair, and inspection of power lines.
- Driving in all weather conditions (25-30% of the time).
- Extensive resumes and unpaid experience are considered. Many posts can be filled using this notice.
- There are no specific educational requirements for this position substituting education for experience.
|Starting Date for Apply
|13 July 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|12 July 2024
Lineman Jobs in US HUD Duties
- A lineman at the Bonneville Power Administration performs construction and maintenance work on wooden poles and steel tower lines. It also conducts various tasks like erecting towers and poles, hanging insulators and hardware, and tightening conductor wires. The applicant repairs damaged towers, poles, crossarms, and conductors and maintains right-of-way areas. Additionally, you are responsible for handling a variety of maintenance tasks including work on microwave towers, antennas, airway lighting installations, and substations. This may include patrolling transmission lines, granting approvals, and sometimes even overseeing switching operations. Documentation and reporting are essential aspects of this position, and safety compliance is paramount by adhering to government regulations, BPA safety regulations, and union agreements.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- The Bonneville Power Administration has the following requirements and conditions of employment for linemen:
- The candidate must be a US citizen.
- The applicant must participate in the e-verification program.
- Male candidates born after 12/31/1959 should be registered for Selective Service.
- Suitable for Federal employment as determined by background investigation.
- Successful completion of a probation period may be required.
- This position does not support remote work; Physical presence at the official workplace is mandatory (minimum 2 days per pay period).
- The place of residence should be within one hour of commuting time to duty station headquarters.
- There may be a need to increase the duration of the journey.
- Periodic physical examinations may be necessary if exposure to health hazards occurs.
- Must follow BPA safety practices and have a valid first aid card, CPR card, and electrician’s permit.
- A valid commercial driver’s license with required endorsements is mandatory. Applicants having bad driving habits are ineligible.
- Availability for emergency work at any time.
- Certification may be required on equipment involved in line maintenance.
- Operation of motor vehicles used in line maintenance and construction.
Obtain certification as a flag person.
- Potential application of restricted use pesticides with training provided.
- Certification to obtain clearance within 30 days after reporting for duty.
- Sometimes travel by helicopter may be necessary.
- Live-Line Bare Hands Certification (for Live-Line Bare Hands crew members, if applicable).
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Overview
$59.63 – $59.63 per hour
- Pay scale & grade
many vacancies in the following locations:
- Keizer, OR
Grand Coulee, WA
- Kent, WA
- Snohomish, WA
- Show more locations (1)
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Travel Required
50% or less – Extended periods of travel may be required – Depending on location, travel can be between 25% and 50%.
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
2810 High Voltage Electrician
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement Number
- Control Number
How will applicants be evaluated?
- Lineman Energy Department evaluation for the Bonneville Electric Administration is done as follows:
- Applications are accepted under the Direct-Hire Authority for Lineman posts.
- Applicants who meet the education and qualification requirements are referred to a selection officer for consideration, bypassing traditional rating and ranking methods.
- The veteran’s seniority and category rating are not applicable under the DHA process.
- If eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Incomplete resume, lack of supporting documentation, or failure to meet qualifications results in an ‘Ineligible’ or ‘Not Qualified’ rating.
- Evaluating Competency: Ability to work independently without excessive supervision.
Lineman Jobs in US HUD Required Documents
- The required documents for Lineman Energy Department Bonneville Power Administration are as follows:
- Resume: Provide a detailed resume with all relevant work experience including duties, employer information (name, address), start and end dates, work schedule, salary, and any completed education and training.
- Cover Letter (optional): Additional information not included in your resume, if desired.
- Transcript: If educational requirements are outlined in the job announcement, a report is submitted that lists the institution, course title, credits earned, and final grades. Ensures proof of completion of educational requirements.
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) documentation (if applicable): includes relevant documentation such as Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-in-Force Separation Notice, SF-50 documenting RIF separation action Do this, and the latest performance evaluation if you are eligible for these programs.
- Failure to submit the required documents may result in loss of consideration for the post. Make sure your application package includes all required documents.
How to Apply
- To apply for Lineman post in Bonneville Power Administration, Department of Energy, these steps have to be followed:-
- Make sure you have a login.gov account to access USAJOBS: Create an account.
- Go to USAJOBS and click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Complete the application questions and attach all required documents specified in the “Required Documents” section of the declaration.
- One has to click on “Submit Application” before the last date, which is 11:59 PM.
- Applicants update their application, including documents, during the announcement open period by logging into their USAJOBS account.
- Applicants have to log in to their USAJOBS account to check the application status where they see the application status and the date of your last update.
- For assistance with Login.gov or USAJOBS, visit the USAJOBS Help Center. If you encounter technical issues, consider contacting the agency contact listed in the announcement during business hours and taking screenshots of any error messages for technical support.
Agency Contact Information:-
- Shaunna Young
Bonneville Power Administration
P.O. Box 3621
Portland, OR 97208
Important Links for HUD Lineman Job Apply Now
Conclusion: In brief, the Lineman position at Bonneville Power Administration involves working in transmission field services and performing maintenance work under the supervision of Lineman Foreman. Although there are no specific educational requirements, candidates must meet OPM qualifications. The job requires outdoor work in a variety of conditions, extensive travel and adherence to safety regulations. Applicants should follow the application instructions carefully and contact the agency for assistance if necessary.