U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: If you feel like working, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is the best place for you to work. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is a vital component of the United States Army with its military construction, civil works, and engineering regiments. The daily operations are supervised by a Lieutenant General who is subordinate to the Commanding General/Chief of Engineers.
Serves and leads specialized units such as combat engineers, rescue teams and construction units. These engineers play a vital role in performing tasks such as obstacle clearance, bridge construction, explosive disposal and route clearance in various components of the military including the Regular Army, National Guard and Army Reserve. It is appointed by the President.
Interdisciplinary U.S. Army Jobs USACE Careers Apply Online
Employees in interdisciplinary positions provide emergency response in disaster areas across the United States and must be medically screened and qualified to be prepared to live and work in extremely difficult conditions U.S. The work schedule in the Army Corps of Engineers is initially tough and may require many long hours to work and travel may be limited to one vehicle, so sleeping arrangements and use of sleeping bags may be necessary during travel. Could. Is. Kennewick, WA will be the duty station of interdisciplinary positions for pay purposes. Core To provide challenging and rewarding careers across a range of disciplines along with a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment.
US Army Interdisciplinary Jobs Opening
- Only those applicants who meet one of the employment authorization categories are eligible to apply for the job. The applicant must have documents proving that the applicant meets the chosen category or categories. See Proof of Eligibility for a detailed list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plane.
- General Natural Resource Management and Biological Sciences Series, 0401: Applicants must have a degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines.
Professional Engineering Position, 0800: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge in the engineering sciences.
- Architecture Series, 0808: Degree in architecture or related field with specific coursework in architectural design, structural technology, properties of materials, construction methods, and environmental control systems or, a combination of education and experience in professional architecture.
- General Physics Series, 1301: Candidates must have a degree in physics, engineering, or mathematics and 24 semester hours in physics and/or related engineering science disciplines.
- Experience Required: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience in using professional engineering, biology, or physics principles and theories to develop design, planning, and specifications for projects related to natural disasters and emergency situations that meet federal standards. Is typical for work performed at the GS-9 level in the service.
- Time in Grade Requirement: Applicant must have 52 weeks of federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-9) within the previous 52 weeks at the GS.
- Foreign Education: If applicants meet the eligibility requirements for foreign education, it must be evaluated by a specialized organization as equivalent to education received in a U.S. education program, or courses taken at a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Proof of US Citizenship: Applicant must provide proof of US citizenship.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit of salary is mandatory for the post.
- Rehired Annuitants: If the applicant is a retired Federal employee interested in reappointment as an annuitant, see the Rehired Annuitants information sheet for details.
- Career Program (CP) #18: This position falls under Career Program (CP) #18.
- Multiple Posts: Multiple posts can be filled through this announcement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): If the applicant is a displaced federal employee who is eligible for ICTAP consideration, the applicant may receive selection priority. To be eligible, you must meet ICTAP criteria, be well-qualified with a score of 90 or higher, and provide supporting documentation.
US Army Corps of Engineers Interdisciplinary Jobs Overview
- Salary: $61,218 – $79,586 per year
- Pay Scale & Grade: GS 11
- Location: Walla Walla, WA
- Remote Job: No
- Telework Eligible: No
- Travel Required: 75% or less – Business Travel up to 75% of the time is required for this position.
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Appointment Type: Multiple Appointment Types –
- Work Schedule: Intermittent –
- Service: Competitive
- Promotion Potential: 11
- Job Family (Series): 0401 General Natural Resources Management And Biological Sciences
- Supervisory Status: No
- Security Clearance: Not Required
- Drug Test: No
- Announcement Number: NCFL182790610238318S
- Control Number: 508475900
|Starting Date for Apply
|10 January 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|15 January 2023
- Professional engineering and scientific work: Performing professional engineering, biological or physical science work involving the design, planning, and development of specifications for projects related to natural disasters and emergency situations.
- Support Natural Disaster Projects: Provide support for a variety of natural disaster and emergency projects, including utility systems in diverse environmental and geological conditions.
- On-site investigation: On-site investigation is to be conducted at project locations to collect necessary data by assessing the current condition of the facilities.
- Data evaluation: Evaluating the collected data to include relevant information in the project
- Cost Estimates: Prepare initial and final cost estimates, which are important for securing project financing.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Applicants may be required to successfully complete a background investigation for the position.
- Satisfactory completion of the clinical examination should be mandatory.
- Requires 75% or more business travel across the United States.
- The tenure for a temporary post may be for a maximum period of four years, subject to extension.
- Direct deposit of salary is mandatory for this post.
How will applicants be evaluated?
- The extent to which applicants meet the qualifications will be determined by reviewing the application package. Resumes and documentation will be compared to questionnaire answers to determine the level of experience an applicant possesses and the minimum qualifications. Enhanced qualifications may lead to disqualification, so instructions have to be followed carefully. Relevant performance appraisals and awards should be included in your resume. Be prepared to provide supporting documents if selected.
- Your resume
- Other supporting documents (e.g., cover letter, most recent performance appraisal if applicable).
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply.
- Time-in-grade documentation if applicable.
- Transcript if substituting education for experience
- Selection of displaced employees is subject to restrictions based on the Department of Defense referral system.
How to Apply
- Applicants complete the online questionnaire and submit the required documents.
- Applicants must submit applications by 10/01/2023 at 11:59 PM (EST).
- Applicants should create or log in to their USAJOBS account (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10238318).
- Applicant select your biodata and supporting documents and click upload.
- Applicants should verify the completeness and accuracy of the application before submitting it.
- Applicants need to check the status of their application in their USAJOBS account.
- For applicant inquiries, please include the announcement number in the email subject line.
Agency Contact Information:-
- Army Applicant Help Desk
- [email protected]
- FL-APF-W1B7AA HQUSACE CIVIL WORKS
- DO NOT MAIL
- APO, AP 96271
- The candidate will receive an email confirming receipt of the application and your application will not be considered further if ineligible or ineligible.
Important Links for US Army Corps of Engineers Interdisciplinary Jobs
Conclusion: The US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) handles military construction, civil works, and engineering regiments. USACE remains prepared for disaster response and challenging situations. Their work involves hard work, limited travel, and a diverse, collaborative environment. Applicants who are eligible and interested in projects related to emergency situations can apply.