US Army Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer: This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. These military technician positions are with the 88th Readiness Division, Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 33, located at Fort Riley, Kansas.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Jobs in U.S. Army Apply Now
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
U.S. Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Jobs Opening
- Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date to be determined based on the needs of the agency. Application packages must be completed at the time referral certificates are issued. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement.
- Physical Effort: Work requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Works on top of, under, or in tight compartments of equipment in cramped and awkward positions. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds and often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling, and positioning part assemblies and equipment. Occasionally lifts heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks, hoists, and cranes. Work is sometimes performed from ladders or work platforms at varying heights.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed inside and occasionally outside. The incumbent must frequently stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time. The incumbent is exposed to drafts, dirt, grease, oils, and vehicle exhaust fumes. The incumbent is exposed to inclement weather such as wind and rain. Subject to burns, cuts, scrapes, bruises, and strains.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
- If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
- You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
$24.38 – $28.48 per hour
- Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Travel Required
Occasional travel – The business travel requirement is 5%.
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes—Relocation costs May be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
5803 Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Announcement number
- Control Number
|Starting Date for Apply
|1 April 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|31 March 2024
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and maintain a variety of construction, industrial, combat, tactical, and power generation equipment.
- Repair and replace components of the cooling, braking, exhaust, power train, or hydraulic systems on combat tactical, automotive, and powered support equipment.
- Remove, adjust, or replace defective or worn parts and components.
- Perform operational inspections and ensure vehicles are properly serviced and repaired.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and services.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- California National Guard Membership: THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires a Class A CDL within 180 days of employment.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is required for payment.
How will applicants be evaluated?
- Applications must complete an assessment process to determine eligibility for an Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic. Which shows how the evaluation is done.
- Qualifications Review: Your resume and supporting documents will be evaluated to ensure that you meet the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. If you are considered minimally qualified, your experience will be compared against your answers on the assessment questionnaire.
- Appraisal Questionnaire: The application aims to analyze the responses on the appraisal questionnaire to measure the level of experience. If the applicant’s self-assessment exceeds the evidence in the application package, responses are adjusted and the applicant is eliminated from consideration.
- Top Qualified Candidates: The candidates who are most qualified are identified and sent to the selection officer for consideration for employment.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
How to Apply
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11433017).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency Contact Information:-
- For More Information
- [email protected]
DE-APF-W6KGAA 88TH US ARMY RESERVE REGIONAL SPT CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Important Links for U.S. Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Jobs
Conclusion: U.S. Army is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position of Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer at Fort Riley, Kansas. This critical role involves troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining various equipment, contributing significantly to military operations. With a competitive salary ranging from $24.38 to $28.48 per hour and comprehensive benefits, this opportunity offers a unique blend of civil service and military reserve benefits. Prospective applicants must meet specific membership and qualification requirements, as outlined in the announcement.