US Army Supervisory Contract Specialist: This position is located within the USPFO at Camp Mabry in Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Warranted Contracting Officer and to supervise personnel engaged in procuring various supplies, services, information technology, engineering services, and construction.
Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically, and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad. Hold the public trust in the highest regard, exceed standards and expectations; and act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility, and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have, and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
Supervisory Contract Specialist Jobs in U.S. Army Apply Now
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
U.S. Supervisory Contract Specialist Jobs Opening
- To qualify at the GS-13 level, in addition to meeting the mandatory positive education requirement listed below, one year of specialized contracting experience at the GS-12 level that required a working knowledge of a wide variety of contracting methods and contract types sufficient to perform pre-award/post-award and/or contract price/cost analysis. Must have experience performing acquisition planning; contract price and cost analysis/cost accounting techniques, comprehensive negotiation techniques, and a working knowledge of statutes and regulations as they apply to procurement functions. Must have Level 1, DAWIA Foundational Certification (or equivalent, see Certifications Issued by Federal (non-DoD) Organizations below). Any applicant selected will receive a tentative offer of appointment contingent upon passing a Contracting Officer Review Board (CORB), and obtaining a contracting warrant.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics): Administration and Management, Contract Performance Management, Financial Management, Influencing/Negotiating, and Technical Competence.
- Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted, and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
$100,948 – $131,230 per year
- Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Travel Required
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes—You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy if funding is available.
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Announcement number
- Control Number
|Starting Date for Apply
|12 June 2023
|Closing Date for Apply
|9 June 2024
- Exercises direct supervisory and personnel management responsibilities.
- Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for a variety of requirements with multiple complexities.
- Oversees the procurement of a wide variety of services, supplies, construction, architecture, and engineering.
- Executes post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts.
- Serves as business advisor to a wide range of customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran’s Preference does apply to this position
- In accordance with the Ethics in Government Act, 1978, the incumbent is required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and will be required to file annually.
- NG Title 5 and T32 Excepted Service GS-1102-13 and GS-1102-14 employees must maintain a contracting warrant.
- This is an Army Acquisition and Technology Workforce position. The employee must meet DoD 5000.52-M requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of TDY assignments.
- Required to handle and safeguard sensitive and/or classified information in accordance with regulations to reduce potential compromise.
- The incumbent must meet the continuing acquisition education, training, and experience requirements IAW DoDI 5000.66.
- Contracting certification must be accomplished IAW DoDI 5000.66.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is required for payment.
- Work schedule (e.g. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY – MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
- Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED.
- Contracting Certification(s) Level II or higher.
- SF-50s documenting GS-1102 experience, if applicable
- Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08)
How to Apply
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
Agency Contact Information:-
- For More Information
- [email protected]
2200 West 35th St
Austin, TX 78703
Important Links for U.S. Supervisory Contract Specialist Jobs
Conclusion: The Supervisory Contract Specialist position with the U.S. Army at Camp Mabry in Austin, TX, offers a challenging opportunity for qualified individuals. With responsibilities encompassing contract management, procurement, and team supervision, the role demands expertise in various contracting methods and regulations. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online and submit necessary documents, including certifications and relevant work experience.