US Army Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic: The Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic position is in the Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group which supports multiple states in maintenance. This covers the maintenance of Mann hydraulic systems and is part of CA 1106 TASMG. The announcement will remain open until the position is filled and applications are reviewed every 30 days. Applicants receive email updates regarding application status.
Aircraft Hydraulic System Mechanic Jobs in U.S. Army Apply Now
Army National Guard units have a successful history as the oldest component of the U.S. Armed Forces. They symbolize the tradition of citizens organizing for collective defense and providing vital assistance during emergencies. Joining the National Guard means serving your country, state, and local community.
U.S. Army Aircraft Hydraulic System Mechanic Jobs Opening
The qualifications for Aircraft Hydrohydraulic System Mechanic are as follows:
- General Experience: Demonstrated knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles, problem-solving procedures of aircraft hydraulic systems, and familiarity with technical manuals and equipment specifications. Ability to utilize test calibration procedures.
Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic, WG-8268-10:
- 18 months experience in basic electrical and mechanical principles.
- Experience in manufacturing fuel, oil and vacuum hose lines.
- Proficient in servicing, maintenance, dismantling, repair and testing of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to diagnose malfunctions, perform overhauls, clean and inspect parts, and prescribe appropriate remedies.
- Specializing in repair, rebuilding and overhauling of major ground equipment systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must be proficient in mechanical repair using hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications and publications.
Evaluation of Competencies:
- Ability to give detailed instructions and follow specifications.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment connection, installation, repair and problem solving.
$24.42 – $28.50 per hour
- Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fresno, CA
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Travel Required
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
Temporary – T32 Excepted Indefinite
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
8268 Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Announcement number
- Control Number
|Starting Date for Apply
|29 September 2022
|Closing Date for Apply
|28 September 2023
- This is an uncertain situation which is a T32 excepted service.
- If funding is received or the position becomes unencumbered, the selection may be converted to a permanent non-competitive status.
- The first purpose of the Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic, WG-8268-10, is to perform maintenance on aircraft hydrohydraulic systems.
- Within 90 days, the applicant has the opportunity to further select from the pool of candidates.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- California National Guard Membership: The position is within the accepted service and requires membership in the California National Guard. The selected candidate is expected to wear a military uniform as a condition of employment. Accepting this position means he agrees with the requirements. Applicants wishing to apply to the California National Guard must first contact a California National Guard recruiter.
- Compatible Military Assignment and Grade: Applicants must have a compatible military assignment and grade. Military technicians must hold a military position in the same unit where they serve. Said military-grade military technicians must have.
- Priority Consideration: Applicants in the following areas will be given priority consideration:
- Region I: Current California National Guard personnel on permanent/indefinite/temporary appointment.
Region II: Current California National Guard members.
Region III: Current military members of the Air Force/Army National Guard, Air Force/Army Reserve, or Air Force/Army active duty. Other Air/Army branches
- Applicants who are not current members of the California National Guard are required to become a member of a compatible unit within the Army CNG, like the military grade listed in this announcement, before being assigned to federal duty.
- Military Grade: Military grades for US Army Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic acceptance range from E-3 to E-7.
- Recruitment/Transfer Incentive: Recruitment/Transfer Incentive is authorized subject to availability of funds and appreciation.
- Cost of Permanent Shift of Station: Shifting cost associated with PCS is not authorized, as it has been found that it is not in the best interest of the Government.
- Security Clearance: At a minimum, candidates undergo a national agency vetting as part of the security clearance process.
- Uniform and Beauty Standards: The selected candidate has to adhere to appropriate military uniform requirements including beauty standards.
- Military Unit and Task Assignment: Must maintain a consistent military unit, grade, and task assignment in accordance with current instructions.
- Direct Deposit: Participation in Direct Deposit is required for payment.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is required for payment.
How will applicants be evaluated?
- Applications must complete an assessment process to determine eligibility for an Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic. Which shows how the evaluation is done.
- Qualifications Review: Your resume and supporting documents will be evaluated to ensure that you meet the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. If you are considered minimally qualified, your experience will be compared against your answers on the assessment questionnaire.
- Appraisal Questionnaire: The application aims to analyze the responses on the appraisal questionnaire to measure the level of experience. If the applicant’s self-assessment exceeds the evidence in the application package, responses are adjusted and the applicant is eliminated from consideration.
- Top Qualified Candidates: The candidates who are most qualified are identified and sent to the selection officer for consideration for employment.
Applications for the position of AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC are required to submit a complete application package which includes the following:
- The applicant’s resume is sent containing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment (month/year to month/year or current) and duties performed.
- Other supporting documents: Applicable documents required for qualifications, education or certification are to be submitted.
How to Apply
- To apply for the Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic position with the Department of the Army Army National Guard Units, applicants must follow these steps:
- Access Online Application: To access the online application click on the “Apply” button. After that, the applicant has to log in to his/her USAJOBS account. If you do not have an account, applicants are required to create one.
- Resume and Documents: The prompts to select the applicant’s resume and any other required supporting documents are to be followed in the “Required Documents” section of the job announcement. If necessary, you can upload additional documents. Please note that virus scanning during document upload takes some time.
- Personal Information: See the “Include Personal Information” section
Well done and click to continue.
- Complete the Application: The applicant has to fill out the online application form carefully.
Review and Submit: Before submitting, it is important to review the application package carefully to ensure that all required documents are included.
- Submit: Once the application package has been reviewed and determined to be complete, the application must be submitted.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the announcement deadline. No changes can occur after this date.
Agency Contact Information:-
- For More Information
- Phone (000) 000-0000
- [email protected]
CA 1106 TASMG TASMG
Fresno, CA 93727
Important Links for U.S. Army Aircraft Hydraulic System Mechanic Jobs
Conclusion: In short, the Aircraft Hydrohydraulic Systems Mechanic position within Department of the Army Army National Guard units provides the opportunity to perform maintenance of aircraft hydraulic systems. It is part of a dedicated team supporting multiple states and symbolizes the tradition of collective defense and assistance in times of emergency. Applicants must meet specific qualifications and requirements to be considered. The application process involves careful submission of required documents and selection is based on further assessment of merit.